Cleaning Up Our Beaches & Streets
We live in one of the most beautiful places in the world, yet trash piles up on our beaches and streets. We must do more to keep our community clean.
- Let’s create incentives to deliver trash to the appropriate receptacles.
- Let’s work with local businesses to source packaging materials that are recyclable or compostable.
- Let’s make sure we have adequate staff to prevent trash bins from overflowing and keep our beaches pristine and our streets clean.
- Let’s explore ways to keep cigarette butts--which are highly toxic--out of our gutters, so they don’t end up on the beach and in the ocean.
- Let’s look for new opportunities to incorporate fine art into our outdoor spaces and add gathering spots for the performing arts.