Meeting Future Demands
From addressing our housing needs to making Pismo Beach a more walkable, bikeable, transit-friendly community, City leadership must take action now to prepare us for the future.
- I’ll work with neighboring communities to link Pismo Beach with new bike and pedestrian paths to surrounding areas--building partnerships that help us share costs--while enticing new travelers to visit our coast.
- Let’s give folks the option to leave their cars behind, travel by bicycle and on foot, so they can take in our beautiful scenery while helping to pay for that access.
- We’ll be smart about development, focusing on increasing the supply of affordable and workforce housing and ensuring our infrastructure can keep up with the demand.
- Let’s use creative solutions to address that housing shortage, like implementing tax and permitting incentives and include surrounding communities in that problem-solving.
- When homeowners want to expand their residences or build new homes, let’s provide professional guidance through the process, making the process easier to navigate while safeguarding neighborhood character and our unique culture.